Research training – Masters and PhD
At the postgraduate Program in Arts of the State University of Minas Gerais, we offer a master program in Arts (Music and Visual Arts, similar to a pre-doctoral training – 2 years), which combines both academic and artistic production (Doctoral school is in the way). I and my research students have been supporting research in post-graduate level by looking at the borderline between art, sciences, culture. See some topics and projects below:
- Art, research and science
- Data-driven methods, academic writing, experimental design, music cognition, computational musicology, dance analysis
- Music and embodiment
- Music and dance, embodied music cognition, musical movement,
- Performance and contemporary arts
- Cultural Heritage
- Movement and ethnography, computational ethnography, 360 video and audio recording, etc.
- Interactive Systems
- Wearable technologies and fashion design, dance and technology
- Music and Media
Supervision and collaborations
I supervise undergraduate, master and doctoral students at the State University of Minas Gerais and other institutions elsewhere. Most of the student projects and topics are disseminated through the corpuslab.info website.
If you are interested in supervision or participating in our research projects we are always recruiting students and collaborators. Please send a message to me.